All the cool chicks do it.
And if there's one thing I learned in high school, it's to do what the cool chicks do, because it's
Yep, be a follower, not a leader, is my motto. Unless you're my daughter, in which case CLICK AWAY NOW YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ON MOM'S BLOG AND GO FOLD LAUNDRY LIKE I TOLD YOU!!
Yeah, I tried to avoid it, because I am very busy and important, what with all my
I am pretty sure Martha Stewart is behind this devil's work online bulletin board, because I'm learning so much. Mainly the fact that I am a complete failure.
I had no idea! Thank you,
On Pinterest, you will find pictures of beautiful rooms. Beautiful women. Beautiful crafts. Beautiful women in beautiful rooms with beautiful crafts.
And none of these beautiful things? Are yours, also you're probably pretty ugly, yourself.
On Pinterest, you'll find healthy, tasty recipes.
|Buffalo chicken tacos, via Pinterest and mrsregueiro.com|
On Pinterest, you'll find beautiful and sexy hairstyles.
|Via Pinterest and weheartit.com|
|Look at the husband in the background, laughing at my FAIL-do. Yuck it up cowboy.|
|Via Pinterest and Google.com.br|
|But really cute shoes!|
I want an organized closet! I want tasty recipes! I want a pretty hairdo!
Obviously, though, I need help with all my FAILS. So I kept examining the site, and now I am a crackhead. The Pinterest pictures...so pretty...MUST LOOK AT PRETTY PICTURES.
- MUST LOOK AT PRETTY PICTURES on my cell phone while cooking dinner.
- MUST LOOK AT PRETTY PICTURES on Ipad in bathroom, dripping wet after a shower.
- MUST LOOK AT PRETTY PICTURES when supposed to be blogging.
- MUST LOOK AT PRETTY PICTURES with laptop, Saturday night on couch.
Saturday night, people! The hell? What is WRONG with me? Saturday night is for nightlife!
I love the nightlife! I got to boogie!
But the pictures...so lovely. And everything looks simple and doable.
"This looks easy!" is what you think.
"I could do this!" is what you say.
You're wrong. Loser.
Like a good crackhead, I study the projects, thinking maybe I can complete some of them. Then, I set my sights on a dog bed for that crazy bitch of ours, Suzie. You may remember the evil Suzie from posts such as this and this and even this.
Suzie is pretty sure she has a dog bed already, called the couch, or rather "Suzie-get-your-ass-offa-that-couch!" I've been pricing dog beds, and even cheap-o Big Lots beds in her size cost at least $20. Soon enough, I find a dog bed idea on Pinterest.
"This will be easy!" is what I think.
"I can make this!" is what I say. Ha ha ha! Oh, I crack myself up.
I head down to the basement, locate my sewing machine, bring it up, blow off all the dust and begin trying to thread the needle.
"Mom - my 'Call of Duty' game isn't working - can you clean it off and get it to work?" says my son, walking into the kitchen.
"Sure," I say.
Twenty-three minutes later, I begin again trying to thread the sewing machine needle.
"Hey Mom. Did you wash my cheer uniform yet?" says my daughter. "You know, I have a game tonight."
Nineteen minutes later, I - what? - start trying to thread the needle once more. Nineteen minutes after that, I am sweating, cussing and STILL trying to thread the needle. I pull out the sewing machine user's manual, 13 minutes later locate the needle-threading instructions in ENGLISH, and start to...
"Honey? What's for dinner?" says the husband.
And...she's out. That's it. I fold.
Fuck you, Pinterest.
You too, Martha.
And so it goes that on the Pinterest you'll find:
|Via Pinterest and Etsy.com|
Scoot the hell over, Suzie. It's Saturday night.
MUST LOOK AT PRETTY PICTURES.
Well, I have absolutely no idea what I did to deserve the honor, but the incredible, badass Vapid Vixen over at The Ginja Ninja awarded me the Tell Me About Yourself Award. Also she said some really nice things about me, which floored me because this chick? Is uber-cool and does things like snowboard and run through mud in the Dirty Dash (which I may do now, at the Warrior Dash, thanks to her lead). I know her first name. I won't tell you what it is, but it begins with D and ends with n and other badass chicks have the very same name. She is funny and smart and I really like her, even though she calls me an asshole sometimes.
I am supposed to tell you five things about myself, but I am lazy and let's go with three:
1. I am a total pansy when it comes to scary movies. Haven't watched one since the 70s, when I was 5 and "Carrie" was on our 11-inch black and white RCA, and Carrie's-bloody-hand-came-out-of-the-grave-at-the-end-OH-MY-GAWD!!! I jumped straight up from an indian style position at my Mom's feet, into her lap - I mean a sheer vertical leap - and had to sleep in her room for the next 8 months. Pretty sure if I saw a scary movie now, I'd have to drive the 3 hours to Youngstown and sleep in my Mom's room for the next 8 months.
2. I am also a total pansy when it comes to hypodermic needles. They are the very tools of the devil. Can't even look at those sonsabitches without peeing just a little. Effin' needles.
3. I have great taste in music. Sometimes. And sometimes I have the musical taste of a 60-year-old virgin. Yep. Give me some Ambrosia or Gerry Rafferty or some "Please Come to Boston," and I'll be putty on your hands. Or, um, I would, um, if I wasn't happily married. Ahem.
I am to pass this award on to five awesome bloggers,but I laugh at authority - Stick It to The Man, is what I always say. And so I'm giving it to three fellow bloggesses (TWSS):
1. Diminishing Gene Pool - You'll be reading this woman's book someday, mark my words. She reminds me so much of the awesome Hollis Gillespie, and she has such an amazing knack for dialogue.
2. Dawn in Austin - Another badass Dawn. All her posts are great, but her recent post about getting c*ck blocked by her newborn grandson had me doubled over. Fun-nay!
3.Muffintop Mommy - Self-effacing, dead-on accurate day-to-day accounts of her life as a SAHM. Much like me, she loves to pimp her dull existence (sorry, Twig ;), but 'tis true.)
Check them out, they all rock.