Friday, December 30, 2016

Big Book Announcement! Finally!

That's right! After four years,  833 hours of procrastination, two dozen boxes of wine, five million re-reads and approximately 7,498,865 edits, it's finally happened.

The book. She is here.


I Love You. Now Go Away: Confessions of a Woman with a Smartphoneis a thoroughly modern concept, a book written on a phone. In fact, for the past seven years, I've drafted all my pieces -- at least until the point where they have to be formatted in Word or Blogger -- on my phone.

It started with a Blackberry. Back in 2009, I realized I hadn't yet attempted my lifelong dream of writing humor. Since I'd just turned 40, I figured I'd better get on that. You know, before I dropped dead and all.

Because I loathe writing with a pen -- and no one can read my chicken-scratch anyway -- I began writing on my phone. I let my thumbs do the walkin', tapping out thoughts on my Blackberry keypad, transferring them to a PC, and submitting them to the local paper -- and later to this blog and the Huffington Post. Eight years (and eight phones) later, I'm still at it, and here's the book to prove it. Read on for the back cover copy:


If you like the blog, I think you'll love the book. Though there are a few favorites inside, 96 percent of this humor collection is new material featuring the usual suspects, the Husband, the Princess and the Hobo, as well as dozens of shenanigans featuring yours truly. Adventures in my soul-sucking cubicle! The annual trip to the OB/GYN! That time I drank vodka and fell off a boat!  All of this and more. You will learn more about me than you ever wanted to know, and I am so sorry.

Still, I hope you'll pick up I Love You. Now Go Away (and, if you enjoy it, please leave a review -- reviews are so important!) But even if you don't, I want to say how much I appreciate those of you who have read and laughed with me all these years. Without your support and words of encouragement, I'd never have attempted the monumental, gratifying, and unbelievably frightening task of writing a book. So it's all your fault.

And I thank you for that.



23 comments:

  1. Congratulations Dawn!!! That's so great!!! Is it available in a hard copy or ebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, JoJo!! Right now it's in paperback, but the Kindle edition is coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that is so impressive - congratulations! I'd be over the moon to accomplish something like that! Good going :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear delightful darling Dawn, congratulations! I'm over 60 and I think I should get started on something, but haven't figured out what. I will get your book very soon and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please let us know when the Kindle edition is available!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, fishducky, I will! I read 99 percent of my books on Kindle now.

      Delete
  6. HUGE congratulations.
    Well done you. I am awed and impressed, and will certainly read the first of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! May you have big success with sales!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg, you're famous now. How wonderful you went and did it, wrote the book! I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas so I'm buying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you, Strayer, for your kind words and for ordering. Enjoy!

      Delete
  10. Such a huge milestone! My copy is on its way. I'm still doing a Rawkin Robyn dance for you too.
    Keep celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you and yours had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and are looking forward to a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. On a phone! How impressive! I can't do that myself. I have to use a computer keyboard, because that's where my best work comes from.
    Mind you, "best" is relative.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Your book sounds like so much fun. I can't believe you wrote it all on your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such awesome awesome news :) I do hope you blog again soon!

    ReplyDelete